Monday 7 January 2013

First Ikea Hack

Happy new year to you all. Here at normal designs' HQ we have taken down the decorations and our sustainable bamboo tree. We didn't want to throw it away, so we are going to keep it in the garden and grow some sweetpeas up it. We have begun to spring clean, which has also involved doing those little projects that I have been promising to do all last year!


I found these Lack shelves from Ikea in the bin room, but as I couldn't fix them to our stud partition walls, I have been keeping them ever since until I found a use for them. Hence this, my first Ikea Hack. I measured about a foot from either end of one shelf and cut off either end. This was extremely quick and easy, as they are hollow inside.


Then I sanded down the rough edges and simply glued them to either end of one shelf. I glued the other shelf to the top and voila! One shoe rack, which fits perfectly under the coat rack in our hall.


I may yet paint the whole thing white, but for the moment, here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment