Monday 3 December 2012

Quick Oat Biscuits

I haven't very long today, so here is a quick recipe for you.

Mix together 125g butter, 125g sugar and 60g golden syrup.


Then add 125g flour and 125g oats, half a tablespoon of milk and a couple of drops of vanilla essence. Mix into a dough by hand and cut out your biscuit shapes.


I have gone for stars, as a test run for some Christmas biscuits.Bake them in the oven on gas mark 5 for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are golden brown.


Allow them to cool on a cooling rack. They will harden to a biscuit consistency whilst they cool. They are delicious. For the Christmas biscuits I may add a dash of mixed spice. Speaking of which:


Fed the Christmas cake again today. I think it may not need another feed, as it has had most of a small bottle of brandy all to itself. It may be the booziest Christmas cake ever! I'll let you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment